Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Momo
As I was walking into the eye doctor this morning I noticed that there were monkey balls all over the ground, it reminded me of being a kid and hanging out at my grandparents (Momo and Pa) house with my cousin Abby. It made me smile thinking of the number of times Abs and I spent the night there and what a blast it was (playing Mouse Trap, playing dress up, playing with our American Girl dolls, watching all sorts of movies). It made me a little sad thinking of my grandmother, Momo...I miss her. She always gave Abs and I random knick knacks to bring back home, I'm not sure our parents appreciated it, but I know Abs and I did! One time she gave me a pair of socks that said Dad on them, they were too small for my grandfather. I still have them. When I was in the 4th grade Momo convinced my mom to let me come spend the night at their house even though I had a D in one of my classes. That's right a D in 4th grade... for some reason I decided to not write a paper and I obviously got a 0 on it since I never turned it in, I have no idea why. I can still picture my mom being on the phone with Momo and being stunned when Mom got off the phone and I found out I would still be able to go to Momo and Pa's. Momo passed away when I was in the 7th grade, she was there for my birthday though. She gave me a pillow that was in the shape of a bear head, she had one at her house and I loved it... I'm kind of strange. I have slept with it basically every night since my 7th grade birthday, it makes me happy. So basically what I'm getting at with this ridiculously long blog post... I still miss Momo but I'm really thankful for the memories that I do have with her, they make me smile and they bring joy to my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading this post made me sooooo happy Megs!! I was thinking about the SAME stuff cuz the monkey balls are all over the place here! I had an illustrator idea come to me while I was taking a nap today with us climbing that huge magnolia tree in the front yard to our favorite branches and eating hershey kisses from a tiny bucket that Momo always gave us when we played outside. I love you!!! :3 :3
ReplyDeleteAbs!!! You're beautiful! I love you too!!
ReplyDelete